Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Decorative Oriental Screen


My niece loves Oriental decor. For her birthday I thought I would make a fold out card that looks like a decorative screen. I ended up using vellum for the panels so writing a birthday message on it might not look so great. I decided to just call it a 3D decoration instead of a card...LOL.

I completely made up the scroll decorations for the top and bottom. Don't know if it would actually be considered "Oriental" or not but it looks good so it works for me :)

Of course, it would not be complete without some paper flowers. Here is my version on a cherry blossom.


I shaped these just like I do my "pretty flowers" . (see tab at top of blog just under header)
Yes, I know they are very small...but look how pretty they turned out...so worth it.

It folds up and fits in a letter size envelope.




Oh,  I also made a plain screen in the files that looks like this:
It was one of my first attempts. I like the other one much better :)

I linked this on Passionately Artistic


13 comments:

Gail said...

Wow! that's so pretty!

Myrna said...

Jani
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such great comments. This oriental screen is just fabulous and I thank you so much for your svgs.
Love your site.
Myrna

Davi said...

Your screen turned out fabulous Jani I love it!! I bet your niece will love it also! Im so glad you joined us at Passionately Artistic :)

Myrna said...

Jani
Just saw the comment re the soap and THANKS a bunch for the link.
Myrna

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [25 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani yes it does have an oriental feel and your scroll design is fabulous.
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Eva Laney said...

Hi Jani,
There is an award for you on my blog. What a gorgeous oriental screen!!!
Hugs, Eva :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.co

Maggie Lamarre said...

Wow wow wow, this is gorgeous perfect gift. You know this will be great bigger and put on a desk.
Thank you so much for adding this to our linking party this week, you make our party rawk.
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Karen said...

Jani thanks for coming by my blog have to love a girl from Texas my mom was born there in Stanford Tx my brother live in Plano...Love your svg screen the flower are so beautiful I have this file just haven't used it by you have inspired me to break it out...karen

Sue said...

Beautiful Screen, I'm off to have a little play with this, thank you

eunice said...

Jani, your oriental screen card is fabulous! Love all the detailing you did with the scrolling on the top of the screen as well as the intricate tiny blossoms. So much love went into creating this and it truly shows...such a wonderful keepsake for your lucky niece to treasure!

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

So beautiful!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is awesome....well, everything I'm seeing is outstanding. Wonderful talent and imagination you have.