Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New card, same elements

Hello my crafty friends!
This is a new card, but I used a lot of the same elements as the last post.
(you can go to the previous post to get the cut files)


I used the same colors and Color Me paper as the last post.
This time, I used ribbon to lace up the bottom of the scalloped shell mat. I just love the extra girly touch this adds.


The flowers were cut from white cardstock and inked with Stormy Sky distress ink.
The smaller flowers are the "pretty" flowers I did a tutorial on last week.

The large flower is the "open rose" that I love to make.
Sadly I just can't find a way to describe how I make this rose. It is difficult to put it into words and it comes out a little differnet every time. There is not a certain process that works every time. I make it up as I go.
(I made 3 yesterday and each one was different)
I will keep trying to find a way to show you how ot make this rose whenever I figure out how I do it :)

I have not forgotten about the birdhouse box and card. I just got a little sidetracked with the flower tutorials.
I have to finish some birthday cards and sympathy cards for family members, then I will post the birdhouse stuff.

Happy crafting!



2 comments:

Gail said...

I'm just catching up on my blogs! You're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucy! I'm very jealous that you got a black cat! LOVE that butterfly!

Michelle said...

I finally saw the spot wher to sign up to follow your blog... Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I really appreciate it. Your flowers are just fantastic.... they are beautiful!!!!
Michelle
mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com