Thursday, August 4, 2011

Purple roses

If you have followed my blog for a while, you might have noticed that one idea usually leads me to the next idea. It is just the way my mind works.
(If only I had time to craft all the ideas I come up with :)

Anyway...this is where the red, white, and black card posted yesterday led me...


This beautiful patterned paper is actually cream and black.
I was thinking that purple would be a great color to pair with it.
Although, once I added the purple roses and green leaves the colors looked a little Halloweenish to me...LOL

Here are a close up of the roses.

I used Penny Duncan's rose cut file for this one. (You can find the files on Penny's site along with a tutorial. Go to the flower tutorial tab under her header and scroll down to the roses)

I cut 3 roses in a large size then cut one medium and one small.
For the large roses I use all 5 of the petal shapes. For the medium rose, I only use 4 petal shapes. For the next two small rose buds, I use 3 petals for one and 2 petals for the next. 

I add my own leaves and calyx.

Enjoy!

I am adding this to Crafting Misfit's cool new Show and Tell link up party.


11 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Yes I echo your wish - if only we had more time to craft all the ideas!!
Your card looks beautiful

Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Gail said...

Beautiful job on those roses! Purple and black is so stunning together. Your flowers look like a wedding bouquet :)

Becky said...

This is so elegant.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [05 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Trisha said...

Pretty roses, I agree that the purple and black strike a Halloweenish note. Your leaves are so pretty. Thanks for sharing the file.

Christine said...

Hi Jani,
I am glad you feel up to crafting. I pray for you when it seems that you are too under the weather to craft.

Loved the red version if this card and like the purple even better! Never once did Halloween cross my mind....only thoughts of elegance!

Blessings,
Christine

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Christine! I really appreciate that. I can never get enough prayers:)

Susan said...

Hi Jani!

Thank you so much for stopping over and following my blog, I'm so glad you did! I'm a new follower for you also!

What a beautiful, beautiful card! We sound a lot alike, one craft idea always leads me to another also. My husband calls it my creative ADD. As a matter of fact, he says that when I'm shopping for craft supplies too. Hmm, maybe you "suffer" from creative ADD also! We could start a creative ADD support group! LOL!

I look so forward to blogging with you!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Eva Laney said...

Gorgeous!!! Gorgeous!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
Eva :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com/

Crafting Misfit said...

This is VERY pretty! I love the purple!!!

Thanks for participating in my show and tell! I hope you come back next week!
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
My blog!

Jani said...

Wow, this is so beautiful!
You also have a fab blog!
Nice to hear you're called the same way as I'm! Even when its just a nickname of mine :)