Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Red, white, and ...black


Hello my blogger friends.
I just wanted to share this card with you.
I just love black and white damask. This Anna Griffin paper is so beautiful. The damask areas are flocked. That makes it feel really rich.
Of course red always goes well with black and white.

For these flowers,  used my "pretty flower" and "tattered flower" cut files.
See the tabs at the top of the page for tutorials and links to the cut files.


The small flowers are cut from red Bazzil cardstock and a block rhinestone was added to the center. The large flowers were cut from white cardstock and colored with Red Barn distress ink. The difference in color between the two flowers is very subtle, but I like it. I added clear bicone beads with a black center.

I used the same beads along with some black bugle beads to make this beaded trim.


I measured one inch increments along a piece of black ribbon. Then I took tiny stitches , added the bugle bead and then the bicone bead. Next I went back through the bugle bead from the bottom up. I secured that with a tiny stitch in the ribbon and reapeated these steps until I had the length of trim that I wanted.

If you want more info on the beaded trim, leave a comment and I will draw it out and post it.

Enjoy:)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow this card is absolutley beautiful

Gail said...

I love the colors. so elegant but powerful, yah, just like us :)

Jamie S said...

Very pretty! I love that color combo.
JamieS

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani your orange flowers go well with the black damask background

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

smyiow said...

All those colors are great! They certainly pop with the black and white.

my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com